Workep Privacy Shield Statement
Workep complies with the principles of the EU- U.S. and Swiss- U.S. Privacy Shield in relation to the collection, use, exchange, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland. Workep has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield, you can check the certification in the Privacy Shield List here.
If you want to learn more about the Privacy Shield, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
Workep participation in the Privacy Shield does not apply to Human Resources Data.
When we talk about “Workep,” “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we are referring to Workep, Inc., the company which provides the Services. When we talk about the “Services” in this policy, we are referring to our online workplace productivity tools and platform. Our Services are currently available for use via a web browser or applications specific to your desktop or mobile device, as further described in our Help Center.
1. Information we collect and receive
a. Customer Data
Content and information submitted by users to the Services is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data.” As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by the organization or other third parties that created the Team workspace (the “Customer”). Where Workep collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer.
If you join a Team workspace and create a user account, you are a “user,” as further described in the User Terms of Service. If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
b. Other information
Workep may also collect and receive the following information:
- Account creation information. Users may provide information such as an email address, phone number, and password to create an account.
- Team workspace setup information. When a Customer creates a team workspace using the Services, we may collect among others: email address, a team name, team photo, domain details (such as mycompanydomain.com), user name for the individual setting up the team workspace, and password. We may also collect administrative team contact info, such as a mailing address.
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf or we may do this ourselves.
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the workspaces, channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any).
- Contact information. With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected (such as an address book from a device) when using the Services.
- Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Services integrations. If, when using the Services, Workep has integrated with your Google Account to access our services, we will connect that service to ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with Workep. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of Google Account or other third party services.
- Third party data. If, when using the Services, Workep has integrated with your Google Account to access our services, we will connect that service to ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with Workep. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of Google Account or other third party services.
Workep saves your Google data into Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services. The info that we save on our servers is below:
2. Google user data
Workep have access to your Google Account by authenticating with OAuth, below you will see how Workep accesses, uses, stores, or shares your Google data:
- 1. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email - View emails address of the user.
- 2. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile - View basic profile information, such as first name, last name, and domain.
- 3. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/plus.me - View user’s contacts.
- 4. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar - Manage calendar, create events, and update events.
- 5. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive View and manage the files in user’s Google Drive, create files, get files, add files, and remove files.
- 6. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.file - View and manage Google Drive files and folders that you have opened or created from Workep.
- 7. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.appdata - View and manage its own configuration data on your Google Drive.
- 8. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/user.emails.read - View user email addresses
- 9. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts - Manage user contacts
- 10. https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly - View user contacts.
Workep saves your Google data into Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services. The data that we save on our servers is below:
- 1. Email, Tokens for accesses, Basic profile info.
- 2. Calendar events.
- 3. Contacts
What we don't save:
- 1. Drive folders or files.
- 2. Hangouts calls.
3. How we use your information
We use your information to provide and improve the Services.
a. Customer Data
Workep may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer’s instructions to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services; (b) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters; (c) as required by law or as permitted by the Data Request Policy and (d) as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer.
b. Other information
We use other kinds of information in providing the Services. Specifically:
- To understand and improve our Services. We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails. We may send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about Workep. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Billing and account management. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Communicating with you and marketing. We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons. We may also use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep the Services secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user or Customer of the Services.
4. Your choices
a. Customer Data
Customer provides us with instructions on what to do with Customer Data. A Customer has many choices and control over Customer Data. For example, Customer may provision or deprovision access to the Services, enable or disable third party integrations, manage permissions, retention and export settings, transfer or assign teams, share projects, or consolidate team workspaces or projects with other teams’ workspaces or projects. Since these choices and instructions may result in the access, use, disclosure, modification or deletion of certain or all Customer Data, please review the Help Center pages for more information about these choices and instructions.
b. Other information
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at [email protected].
c. Other Choices
In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. Workep does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system.
5. Sharing and Disclosure
a. Customer Data
Workep may share Customer Data in accordance with our agreement with the Customer and the Customer’s instructions, including:
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals to process Customer Data.
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process Customer Data.
- With third party integrations. Workep may, acting on our Customer’s behalf, share Customer Data with the provider of an integration added by Customer.
b. Other information
Workep may share other information as follows:
- About you with the Customer. There may be times when you contact Workep to help resolve an issue specific to a workspace of which you are a member. In order to help resolve the issue and given our relationship with our Customer, we may share your concern with our Customer.
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals, such as third party payment processors, to process information on our behalf.
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process other information.
6. Other types of disclosure
Workep may share or disclose Customer Data and other information as follows:
- If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Workep's assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud. We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes like telling a prospective Workep Customer the average number of tasks created within a Workep workspace in a day or partnering with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about workplace communications.
7. Children’s information
Our Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
Privacy Shield Privacy Principles
Workep has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Privacy Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, recourse, enforcement and liability.
Workep provide you clear information relating to the processing of the personal data, like type of data collected, purpose, access and choice, conditions for onward transfers and liability, among others.
At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. You may to choose (opt out) whether your personal information is, to be disclosed to a third party or, to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose for which it was originally collected.
3. Accountability for onward transfer
- Workep will not transfer Personal Information of EU or Swiss individuals to third parties unless such third parties have entered into an agreement in writing with us requiring them to provide at least the same level of privacy protection to your Personal Information as required by the Principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S.
- In we transfer to third parties data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, we are potentially liable, unless we demonstrate we are not responsible for the violation that rise to the damage.
Workep takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
5. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
Workep collects only relevant and compatible information for the purposes mentioned and only for as long as it serves for it.
If you want to access to your personal data to delete, modify or correct any of the information that you have provided us and that is associated with your account please contact ---- and provide your contact information and the details of your request.
We may reject a request if we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
You can also deactivate or delete your account permanently.
7. Recourse, Enforcement and Liability
Workep commits to resolve any Privacy Shield complaints, you should first contact Workep via email at: [email protected], (+1)7875659683 or by postal mail sent to:
Offices at 11930 NORTH BAYSHORE,
Miami, FL, 33181.
If there are still unresolved Privacy Shield complains you can reach a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States to assist with the complaint resolution process or and independent dispute resolution body as --- , free for you. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily, you may able to invoke a binding arbitration process of the Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a Complaint.
Workep is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Workep’s Customer Terms of Service. You may contact us at [email protected] or at our mailing address below:
Offices at 11930 NORTH BAYSHORE,
Miami, FL, 33181.